canning

canning

Friday, December 5, 2014

Just a little talk.

Do you ever have those days that you have so much to do that you have no idea where to start.  That's my day today, have a house that I need to finish cleaning, have a cast iron pot I am trying to clean up( got rust on it and I am not sure how), bread to make, cookies to be made and some canning that I should be getting to. So I thought I would take a few minutes and sit and write a little blog.

It's not always easy making everything that you eat, but it does pay for it in so many ways. You know what's in it, you can make changes to things as you go, your not eating things that were made in a lab. 
I plan on making post about the different things I make so you to can make changes in your house.  If you do then great if not while its all up to you.
Some things that no one really thinks of are:
onion soup mix
sweetened condensed milk
honey garlic sauce
sweet and sour sauce
taco mix
chili mix
even cake and brownie mixes ( I like making up a few its like a cake you get in the store)
white sauce
cheese sauces
gravy
The lists goes on and on. Making the change is sometimes hard,but once you do it, you will wounder why you didn't do it earlier. Another thing that makes things easier is to make two at a time a freeze one, might as while you already have everything out and those pots and pans dirty.
I am home 6 days a week but this can be done for people who do work more then I.  Just take one day a week or even a month and send the day cooking, you would be amazed with the amount you can do in just one day.  Some people start with baby steps and others jump in with both feet. It's all up to you.

Hope you enjoyed this little post, Will be back soon And don't forget to follow me on here, that way you will not miss any post I put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment